Monday, January 3, 2011

The First Post

Let me preface this by saying that the first post in this blog was written a few days ago... before this actually became a blog. This evening, I've decided to go live with it. I can't say yet exaclty what this will be about or how often new material will be available. I just know that I'll write whenever I feel inspired and that I hope that I am inspired very often. I welcome you, to "The Ramblings of a Transplant Bowhunter".

December 31, 2010
10:27 PM

Well, here I go. Right now, I’m kind of thinking that “this” will become a blog of some sort…. I’m thinking of calling it, “The Ramblings of a Transplant Bowhunter”. Because, after all, that is what I am. Deep down, I’m just a man that is full of love and passion, and I’m best able to express that through my love for the outdoors. I’m a bow hunter. It is what I do, it is what I love to do. I’d say, “It is what I love,” but that would only be a partial truth. You see, I love lots of things, and bow hunting isn’t even all that close to the top of the list. Am I rambling? Hey, I did say that this would be “The Ramblings of a Transplant Bowhunter,” didn’t I?

First of all, let me say that if you’re reading this, you likely found this blog by mistake. At this point, on 12/31/10 (10:33 PM), I have no intentions of advertising this blog. If you happen to find it, I apologize in advance for subjecting you to my sometimes unintelligible mind. If you have an opinion on anything, anything at all, please feel free to leave a comment. I’m all ears and will do my best to not take anything personally.

A few sentences ago, I mentioned that bow hunting isn’t even all that close to the top of the list of things that I love to do. Please don’t take it as being that I’m not a passionate bow hunter, because, I promise you that I am one of the most passionate that you might ever meet. It is just that I’ve finally realized, at my wise old age of 30, that there are plenty more things in life to be passionate about. First and foremost is our loving father, Jesus Christ. You see, I’m a very firm believer in Christ. Without him, where would we be? Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way, shape, or form an evangelist. I’m very proud of my faith, but I do not believe that it was my calling to be a preacher. I’m not a devout student of the Bible, but I do believe in God and I do believe that he is the most important factor in my life… he should be the most important factor in all of our lives!

As I mentioned in the first paragraph, I’m not a professional writer, and I tend to ramble a bit. After all, I am a transplant bow hunter. What exactly does that mean? Well, for me, it means that I transplanted the the Midwest for my love of bow hunting. You see, I grew up in Southeast Georgia. I was fortunate enough to harvest my first deer, a whitetail doe, on December 26, 1991. Yes, I remember the exact date, because it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. In 1991, I had been a hunter for 5-6 years already. Granted, I hadn’t been toting a gun since the age of 5, but it was still a very memorable moment for me. It was the first time in my life that I was able to harvest a deer. It is a moment that I will never forget, and I will always remember to count my blessings that my wonderful father was able to share that experience with me. There isn’t much that can beat that!

So, how and why did this Georgia Cracker make his way to the great state of Missouri, you might ask? Honestly, it is from a pure, unadulterated love of the outdoors. In 2007, my friend, Chris, and I made our way to Missouri to deer hunt. Upon the first hour or so of me hunting in Missouri, I realized that I had a profound opportunity in front of me. I had the opportunity to, with no strings attached, pull up stakes and move to the Midwest. It is a decision that I have never regretted, even for a second.

Wow, it is really easy for me to get sidetracked. As I mentioned before, I tend to ramble a bit. I apologize for that. It’s who I am. Like I said in the second paragraph, bow hunting isn’t even in the top 3 of my priorities. My first priority is my obligation to God. My second obligation is to my wife. She will always be my best friend and I will always love her for that. Next, is my obligation to my beautiful children. They are what keeps me going strong!

Well, that’s all that I have for tonight.

God Bless!

Bo Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment